TowerWatch Ministries • View topic - An Insult to My Wife...

Former Jehovah’s Witnesses and others creating a warm Christian atmosphere

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: An Insult to My Wife...
PostPosted: Mon 06 Oct, 2008 9:12 pm 

First off what can I say but WOW!!! :x I accidentally came across an email that was that sent to my wife from her younger sister and all I can say is how bold. :shock: Basically, the letter starts out that she is not going to be as harsh as she was on her brother. She litterally beats my wife over the head talking about that she would not be a part of the new system of things if she was not going to attend KH meetings :roll: ...She says she will just have to get used to not having a sister?!? She says that she and her children deserve a life and not death and her parents deserve to have all their children with them ARE YOU KIDDING ME? :joker: Where is the family love in that? Would God condone such comments? Of course not, but here we go again with her family trying to drag her down. My biggest question is where does the husband fit in? Why can we not live our lives without their interference. I can't wait to have a lengthy bible study with them and perhaps they will begin to see or they just need to go away. It is just unbeleivable that they would support such things and telling her that after leaving the JWs the first that she was living for satan. So are you telling me that my children were born out of love? Please pray that she will be revealed the truth through me with God as my guide.

Another Brother in Christ
Aaron

Post subject: Re: An Insult to My Wife...
PostPosted: Wed 08 Oct, 2008 9:02 am 
Poster

The problem you have with showing her what the bible says is that she is already condition for it... that is what the watchtower literature does and why it is so effective on the member who accepts it as truth....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 08 Oct, 2008 10:27 pm 

Thank you Nuprince for the comment...The one thing that is really disturbing to me is the fact that their conditioning tactics almost literally close off those who are JWs and of course the doctrine that they have held on to for many years and so on. How do they get away with it? Do they not see that there are numerous families that have been destroyed because one is JW and the other is not. I am only concerned that it may be to late to save her because they have taken her to deep into the society. Or, hopefully God will allow her to hear my words and those of God and our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Aaron

PostPosted: Thu 09 Oct, 2008 8:32 am 
Poster

Ignorance... its that simple.. they donot understand what propaganda is and they are so emotionally connected to the organization that they are clueless to what is going on.... Example when you create a bond with a person... you begin to trust them and think you understand their motives... time starts to fly and you are really emotionally connected thinking this person would do nothing to hurt you ... but then you find out that they deceived you in some way... but you wouldnot even think that it was possible because of the trust and the way that person acts towards you...

I just wanted you to get a simple mindset of how it is possible... to me i see this not in just this organization but in life in general... once you understand mind control or what i call negative influence you will understand how this is allowed to go on... . And you will be shocked how it is all over in this society of america.. I'm study psychology and its amazing how ignorant people really are..

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 15 Oct, 2008 3:04 pm 

It is interesting to me how the watchtower spends soo much energy trying to draw the distinction between the creator and the creation but never really addresses Biblically the biggest implication of that distinction. On the one hand there is a Holy, perfect creator God and on the other hand a sinful, imperfect created organism called man. So, how does sinful created man overcome the pull of his "god", the "god" of this world, the "prince of darkness" to come to a saving knowledge of the one true God? How does the sinner cut through the fog and see the light?

According to the watchtower, the individual hooks up with an organization which by telling the individual how to act and who to associate with allows that person to become right with God. Where in the New Testament are we taught to join an organization? Where are we taught to go out and distribute books and newsletters? Where is the "Church" told in the Bible to print books about the religion for sale by the millions? The answer is nowhere to be found in the NT.

The Bible on the other hand, teaches that the whole process of coming to a saving relationship with God is all of God's doing.

On that last day many will say "Lord, didn't I prophecy in your name and do miricles in your name and sell Awake and Watchtower newspapers papers and books in your name?" But the Lord will say, away from me you evildooer, for I DID NOT KNOW YOU!

My friends, there are only two things you can do for your friends that are stuck in the mire called the watchtower. Assuming that you know the Lord Jesus personally, you can 1. pray to the Father thru the Son for this person be delivered from the darkness of sin, and 2. make sure that you personally ask God thru Jesus to give you the words and wisedom to live your life for Christ so that by your example they will soften their hearts.

Correct theology is good, a personal relationship with the savior is better. "For by grace we are saved through faith, this not of yourself, it is a gift of God, Not by works so that any man can boast." Eph. 2:8-9

Tom

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu 16 Oct, 2008 4:14 pm 

Tom,

Thank you for those beautiful words and enlightenment. Although I have had my experiences with the society itself I was never baptized (thank goodness). The fact that bothers me the most is how where is it noted in the bible anywhere for that matter that you must follow the laws of a governing body and not that of God and our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ? Or, where does God say anywhere in the bible that you must submit to the JWs or you are no longer part of our family? My poor baby (wife) is so confused by this and they continually pull at her telling her that she has to be a part of the new system of things. I will continue to pray and seek knowledge in order to bring my wife together under a law of freedom and saved by the grace of god. Thank you to all of you who continue to pray for my family.

Aaron