TowerWatch Ministries • View topic - An Apology and Hello Again..

Former Jehovah’s Witnesses and others creating a warm Christian atmosphere

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: An Apology and Hello Again..
PostPosted: Wed 31 Mar, 2010 2:50 am 

To all of my brothers and sisters in Christ I just wanted, first off to say that I am sorry :( that I have not been on for so long. I missed the posts and sharing the stories with all of you. Of course I still drop by from time to time to look over posts and to see how everyone is doing and it seems that it has been lacking a bit from a lot of people and I can only be curious as to why. As for tonights bedtime story things have improved greatly but there is still a long road :arrow: ahead of us. My family and I had moved away from the town where we were living and away from my in-laws who needless to say were not the greatest influence on my wife indicating that she needs to return to the jw, constantly :roll: :( . So being away from that has allowed my wife to be herself and not be the victim of the governing body. As I have said to my wife and others before is that if God wanted us to be the same and act the same as well as study the same we would have been given the same brain. But that is what makes us unique and special is his eyes is that we have the freedom to celebrate holidays jump up and down during praise and worship even take a birthday gift :partytime: to a child who has never had anything as long as we do all things in HIS =D> name. In my opinion we need to give praise and thanks everyday for the people that God has made us to be and that is unique. The person that I am as well as my family is the gift that God gave us. Amen and much love to all especially for choosing to be free. Also, your posts inspire me to be a better person and endure the trials so I can enjoy the rewards.

Post subject: Re: An Apology and Hello Again..
PostPosted: Sun 18 Apr, 2010 8:52 pm 
Master Member
Master Member

Good to hear from you atigger. I'm so glad that things are improving in your home, praise God. It's probably difficult for your wife but at the same time getting away from the WT influence will allow her to think for herself without feeling pressured or guilty, and hopefully this will give her a chance to make decisions on her own, with much prayer and help from the Holy Spirit of course.

I agree that God made each of us unique and treats each of us as an individual. It's like parents with more than one child; we love all our children but we don't treat them each exactly the same. That would be an injustice, because each child is different and needs to be encouraged to be the person God created them to be. God didn't create robots, He created human beings with minds and freedom to choose. It's as the apostle Paul said, "Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand. One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks." (Romans 14:4-6). We are called to please the Lord and do all things unto Him, not unto man or unto organizations. We just need to be sure our focus is always on God.

I pray your family will continue to seek the Lord and that He does a mighty work in the heart of your wife. Many blessings to you all.

Mrs. R

Post subject: Re: An Apology and Hello Again..
PostPosted: Tue 20 Apr, 2010 8:19 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Yes as Mrs R said it is good to hear from you atigger and it is good to hear that you have moved to a new place (sad though it may be). As a Christian for some years now and have been blest by the freedom of the spirit as to how I conduct my praise and worship to the "Father" and to "My Saviour Jesus Christ" I often think how sad God must be on the Lords Day as He is bombarded by hypocritical praise from the JW'S around the world (though be it many are very sincere and well meaning so I am not attacking them personally but what the Satanic organizations feeds them).
As I read the OKM which our brother WTU posts I find it "Boring" I personally cant find any "Praise or Worship" and "Our Lord Jesus Christ" is not mentioned either (I know they don't praise or worship Him) their "Songs" are some what to be desired also.
I am really delighted to hear that you are "Growing in Grace" and will keep praying for you and your family.
Below is a wee personal study that has helped and blessed me down through the years in my "Christian Walk" maybe it might help you and your wife.
john

“In the Name of Jesus of Nazareth Rise up and Walk” (Acts 3:6)
WALK-
“In the New-ness of Life” (Romans 6:4)
“To Please God” (1 Thess 4:1)
“Worthy of the Lord” (Col 1:10)
“In the Spirit” (Gal 5:1)
“After His Commandments” (2 John 1:6)
“As the children of Light” (Eph 5:2)
“By Faith” (2 Cor 5:7)
“In Love” (Eph 5:2)
“In Honesty” (Romans 13:13)
“In Truth” (3John 1:4)
“In Wisdom” (Col 4:5)
“By the same Rule” (Phil 3:16) Unity.
“As an Ensample” (Phil 3:17)
“Worthy of the Vocation where by ye were called” (Eph 4:1)

“WALK WITH ME IN WHITE” (Rev 5:4)
“New Man” (2 Cor 5:17)
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new.
“New Name” (Isa 62:2)
And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name.
“New Heart” (Ezek 36:26 A)
A new heart also will I give you,
“New Spirit” (Ezek 36:26 B )
and a new spirit will I put within you:
“New Song” (Ps 40:3)
And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.

Every Blessing

Joh 13:1 Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

Profile E-mail