TowerWatch Ministries • View topic - Thanks for your prayers

Former Jehovah’s Witnesses and others creating a warm Christian atmosphere

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thanks for your prayers
PostPosted: Fri 27 Mar, 2009 9:58 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello TowerWatch family,

As many of you now my first born grandson was killed by a drunk driver in the summer of 2007 nearly two years ago. Many of you have been praying for our family and I want to once again thank you.

Today was a very hard day for our family as we attended the sentencing hearing for the young man who hit my grandson. He was sentenced to four years in prison and received a lifetime suspension of his driving privileges. In Ohio a life time suspension does not mean much as he can get his license back in three years which means he can get his license back the day he walks out of prison. Tonight he will spend his first day in prison, he has been free and driving all of this time. I thought I would feel relief when they finally sent that man to prison but somehow surprisingly this has been the hardest part of the entire ordeal. I think everything coming to an end has forced me to come to grips with the fact that Michael is gone and I will never see him again in this world. We are a very close family and it has been very hard.

Just in case I did not mention it before I thought I would tell you that my son Paul prayed with Michael and he accepted Jesus as his savior so I have the comfort of knowing Michael is with the Lord but I sure miss him.

Thanks again for all of your prayers in this very difficult time for our family.

Today's "Quote Worth Re-quoting"
“Many people think they have an open mind when it is really their mouth.”

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Thanks for your prayers
PostPosted: Sat 28 Mar, 2009 11:01 am 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Hi Cal, I just cant find words to say at this time brother, but my heart and prayers go out to you and your family at this time.

Joh 13:1 Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat 28 Mar, 2009 9:38 pm 

There seems to be no real justice in this world. I understand how much you must miss him.
My prayers are with you and your family too.
Sophia

PostPosted: Sat 11 Apr, 2009 9:28 pm 
Master Member
Master Member

Times like these I can only think of the love that Jesus has for mankind, to the point that He forgave those who were hanging Him on the cross. No actions could be more cruel, yet He showed them compassion when He prayed, "Father forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." (Luke 23:34). God has shown you compassion also, Cal, because even though you miss your precious grandson, you know he's in the safest hands possible, the hands of our Loving Savior. We're sad but not without hope, and that's why we can still experience joy in our pain. I can only pray that the young man who did this terrible thing will realize what he has done, repent and seek the Lord. This way your grandson's passing will not be in vain.

God bless you and your family. May the Lord give you strength during this difficult time.

In Christ,

Mrs. R