TowerWatch Ministries • View topic - Pray for Peter

Former Jehovah’s Witnesses and others creating a warm Christian atmosphere

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pray for Peter
PostPosted: Mon 10 Sep, 2007 5:44 pm 

Hey guys,
Just wanted to add Peter to the prayer list. Most of you know he is my JW boyfriend. He has been disfellowshiped, quit going to meetings for 4 years or so, now been attending meetings since he moved to MS, but hasn't been reinstated by the org.
We are continuing our bible study together and I know that God is working on Peter.

I have a praise to report...Peter is attending a small group bible study with me for couples at my church. My good friend and her husband invited Peter to be apart of it at their house. They know the whole story about Peter and are praying for him.
My friend's husband had mentioned it to me about doing the study, but I honestly thought that Peter would not be interested, especially since he doesn't want to go to church with me anymore...we now go separate on Sundays (he goes to the KH, and I go to my church). But I told him to invite Peter and we would see. So David mentioned it to Peter (they are friends) and Peter said he would think about it. Well a week goes by and I was afraid to mention it cause I just knew he was going to turn me down :oops:
But God is good! I mentioned it to Peter on saturday and asked him what he thought, and he said "sure, sounds good" :shock: I guess it just goes to show that if God wants something accomplished HE will do it. But anyway, we went last night and we're doing the bible study on our current sermon series at our church which is entitled "Beyond Belief-Living out your faith" It's a great topic and it even has daily devotions which Peter already started to do.
I just wanted to ask you to keep Peter in your prayers. Please pray that God would open his heart and mind to the true gospel. Peter is still going to meetings, so I wish that would stop. We're about to start reviewing the Trinity brochure that the WT has produced, and I going to use the info from "yes, you should believe in the trinity" book. I ordered it last week, so please pray pray!!

Thanks!

lauren

Post subject: Re: Pray for Peter
PostPosted: Mon 10 Sep, 2007 10:44 pm 

So wonderful to hear the progress that seems to be occuring in Peter's brain. It's wonderful how small little seeds do sprout when God decides it's time. It sounds like he is on the right path and you are being supportive in helping him come to know Jesus. You are both in my prayers!

He touched me and made me whole.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue 11 Sep, 2007 5:58 pm 
Master Member
Master Member

allthingsnew wrote:
I have a praise to report...Peter is attending a small group bible study with me for couples at my church. My good friend and her husband invited Peter to be apart of it at their house. They know the whole story about Peter and are praying for him.
My friend's husband had mentioned it to me about doing the study, but I honestly thought that Peter would not be interested, especially since he doesn't want to go to church with me anymore...we now go separate on Sundays (he goes to the KH, and I go to my church). But I told him to invite Peter and we would see. So David mentioned it to Peter (they are friends) and Peter said he would think about it. Well a week goes by and I was afraid to mention it cause I just knew he was going to turn me down :oops:
But God is good! I mentioned it to Peter on saturday and asked him what he thought, and he said "sure, sounds good" :shock: I guess it just goes to show that if God wants something accomplished HE will do it.

HALLELUJAH!!! Praise our Holy Lord for this wonderful news! Lauren, I will keep Peter in my prayers, because I believe God is going to do something miraculous in his life. Small groups are wonderful, especially for someone like Peter, so that the group can pray for him weekly, so he can see how much these people love the Lord, and so he can learn about Jesus without WT literature to twist the Scriptures. This is fantastic, I pray Peter will continue on this road that God has laid out for him, the road that leads to salvation.

God bless,

Mrs. R

PostPosted: Wed 12 Sep, 2007 4:53 pm 

thanks so much Deucybean and Mrs. R! Your words of encouragement give me much joy!

I will keep you posted!

lauren

PostPosted: Wed 19 Sep, 2007 11:10 am 

hey everyone,
I hope you are all having a blessed day.
Update on Peter:
We went to the bible study again, the emphasis was on prayer. after we left Peter said to me..."why don't they pray to Jehovah...you don't even know who you are praying to"
ugggghhhh!!!! We got in a huge fight. I know this is Satan just trying destroy the progress he's making.

Also, Peter went to a KH meeting last night. He NEVER goes during the week. It totally took me by surprise. By the way, I've given him the Trinity book "yes you should believe in the Trinity" by Christy darlington. I gave it to him sunday night and told him he needed to read it. He agreed. He also found out about the u.n. so I know he is studying and researching.

I just feel so bummed. I feel like every step taken forward, we go two steps back. I feel like we are in big time spiritual warfare.
Why do you think he went last night?
I'm just really tired, spiritually tired. Please pray for wisdom for me. I have decided that I can't give him any more information...i've given him my concerns about the wt, we delved into scripture, proof texts, etc. Now it's up to him and I have to let him go and let God work on his heart. I'm tempted to give him everything I find on the internet about exposing jw's, but it's too much. I think I've overloaded him and it's confusing him. I need to step back and realize that I can't save Peter no matter how much convincing evidence I give him...It's God that is going to save him. I sing that song in church "God is mighty to save" and I need to now believe and trust Him.
Just pray for the Holy Spirit to work on Peter during this time. And that he would research, read the word, and dig deep and discover the real gospel.

Thanks,
lauren

PostPosted: Sun 14 Oct, 2007 10:47 pm 

Lauren, I'm so sorry to hear that you have hit a stumbling block with Peter, but it is definitely to be expected given the terrible hold that this organization holds on so many people. It took me so long to finally get over the guilt and ask God to guide me. Give it time, I think you have the right attitude in that you realize that you've done everything you can by planting the seeds, now it is up to God to determine when the time is right for Peter. And He will. You are both in my prayers, just stick it out, I know it'll work out in His time :-)

He touched me and made me whole.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri 26 Oct, 2007 11:26 am 

Lauren,

Just wondering how things are going with you and Peter. I know it's very hard to let go of the org...especially if you have been raised in it.

I hope Peter finds the truth about the WTS and their deviousness. Perhaps he just needs time. Think about all the avenues they use to keep people subject to their thought process. It's Very Very hard to break away and Stay away! But, once you get there, it's fantastic!

I've been gone officially for almost a year now, and I still get some feelings of "what if they are right" now and then...but then I review all the stuff I found about the WTS and think about all the wasted years plugging their agenda and I realize I did the right thing.

My wife still gets those feelings sometimes and asks me about it. It's still something that lurks in the back of her mind but when we talk about it she says she can never go back to that either. I think it's more difficult for her because she hasn't seen the need to have a personal relationship with Christ yet...she's still reeling from the WTS doctrines.

So...my point of all this is.....give him time. If you love him....give him some time....GOD will take matters in hand...

Agape

Former J.W.

as of 01/20/07

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat 19 Jan, 2008 4:52 pm 

allthingsnew(lauren)

I will pray for Peter and as well as you. That God will open Peter's heart to the message Jesus taught each one of us. I will pray that God gives you wisdom and guidance in witnessing to Peter as well as the words God wants you to use for Peter to get understanding. [-o<

Religion is just a form of worship but what is important is that we have a relationship with Jesus and then worship Him.

With love in Christ
Chris

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue 18 Nov, 2008 5:43 pm 

Thank you so much for all your prayers for Peter over this past year! I want to thank each and every one of you!

I now have a big big request! Please Please pray for Peter specifically this week. Lots of things have happened over the past year that I won't go into, but after doing a lot of praying and researching using some of the resources on this website, Christy Darlington's website and Duane Magnani's books, God has impressed upon my heart that it's time to share with Peter the things that I've learning. Duane Magnani has a book entitiled "A problem of communication" and also has some resources for presentations to give JWs. I'm planning on using the presentation "Who is the Faithful and Wise Servant?" with Peter sometime this weekend or next week whenever I feel it's the right time. I've been working on it for some time now, but didn't feel like it was the right time, but now the Holy Spirit has been impressing upon my heart that it is time to act.
I know that this is not the "magic bullet" so to speak, but I do feel that God is going to use this info to help open his eyes.

So I need your help. I NEED your prayers for myself and for Peter. Specifically that Satan and those evil forces to be cast down. They don't want Peter to see the light. Pray that I will give this pres. the right way and have courage to do it...that I will listen to the Holy Spirit and that God would grant peter ears to hear and eyes to see. And pray that this WT wall would be torn down so that he may be led into repentance for salvation one day soon!

Thanks for your prayers and I will keep you all updated and let you know how it went.

In Christ,
Lauren

PostPosted: Tue 18 Nov, 2008 6:34 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I will have you and Peter on my prayer list the next few weeks.

Thank you so much for keeping us updated.

Today's "Quote Worth Re-quoting"
“Many people think they have an open mind when it is really their mouth.”

Profile E-mail