TowerWatch Ministries • View topic - Knock Knock who is there?

Former Jehovah’s Witnesses and others creating a warm Christian atmosphere

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Knock Knock who is there?
PostPosted: Tue 07 Aug, 2007 6:49 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Knock Knock who is there? A JW.

This morning after taking my medication, my wife answered the front door bell. She came and told me that a man at the door wants to speak to me :?: Out I went only to be greeted by a young jw. after introducing him self, he began his old doorstep talk :roll: he asked if I would like to read the WATCH TOWER MAG, of course, I said to his surprise, he thanked me and said that he would call again in a week or so if that would be alright with me to which I told him he could call anytime. Of course this is along way round to ask you to remember in prayer this young man, and that God would guide me in all things.

john

Joh 13:1 Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Knock Knock who is there?
PostPosted: Wed 08 Aug, 2007 11:38 am 

Great experience John.

Let us know what happens when he comes back around.

My prayers are with you.

Are you feeling better?

Sophia

PostPosted: Wed 08 Aug, 2007 3:51 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Thanks sophia, it certainly will be a great experience and a new one too, as I will be approaching our conversation with a totally different attitude, relying on your prayers and Gods help and in Gods Will.

As for my health, my diabetes injections ( not insulin) is interfering with my warfarin medication, and as I have D.V.T. this causes some concern, but I am in good hands, Praise the Lord.

john :)

Joh 13:1 Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu 01 Nov, 2007 1:57 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Well, a few months now have gone by and my jw caller has been faithful to his word, and has called every 3/4 weeks to see me. I have listened very intensively to every word he has spoken and read the magazines he left me. today he called again, and more magazines to read, each time he comes his conversation is around planet earth and living for ever on paradise earth. I asked him, how did he become a jw, and his face lite up and of he went with his testimony and of course you know what that entailed.

I have been asking God to keep my mouth closed until He would have me speak to this young man as in the spiritual sense, but I found it so hard not say a word about Gods salvation.

Now as I have listened to him and others on the web, it seems to me that the big golden carrot that the WT Org, offers to those who grasp at it, is this phrase,
"You can Live Forever in Paradise Earth". This young mans scripture reading was all around this theme.

I have learnt a lot (yet ever learning) on this forum, and I have respect for each and everyone on it, but I would like to ask those who came into fellowship with the jws, what was it that helped you to make your decision to join the jw's.

john

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu 01 Nov, 2007 5:51 pm 

Hi John, good to hear from you.

Well my story will be a little different because I was raised a JW. But I can tell you that the 2 things that drew me to it most was living on a paradise earth and the unity they seemed to have.

I still struggle with the thought of living in heaven. I know that may be hard for you to understand. But living on a paradise earth still sounds wonderful to me. It is my home. It is what I know. And I know it could be a beautiful place full of perfect people. I just love the mountains, prairies, oceans, birds, cats, flowers, etc, that is all a big part of my life. So, what is heaven? Yes I know it is said to be a wonderful place and to meet Jesus would be awesome. But what then? What do you do next? I guess it is something that we will find out when we get there. Just seems so mysterious to me.

Then the unity. I thought it was great that any question you would ask a witness anywhere in the world, you would get the same answer. They even study the same Watchtower article the same Sunday everywhere. Little did I know that instead of it being unity, it is the signs of a cult. I still hate thinking that and it is hard for me to say yet, that I was envolved in a cult.

So that is my answer in a nutshell.

Sophia

PostPosted: Thu 01 Nov, 2007 8:04 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Hi sophia, good to hear from you too,
Twenty /Thirty years ago Heaven was a much talked about place in most christian circle, but sadly today it is not mentioned as much, there are many scriptures in the word of God that tells us much of what heaven will be like.

But as I often say to young converts, take your time, and enjoy what you know of God's Salvation.

One thing we can be sure of "No governing body nor anything connected to them, will be in heaven" how do I know?

Here is a verse that has comforted many of God's children.

Rev 21:4
1)And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes;

2)and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying,

3)neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

this portion of scripture should encourage us to look to that day,
God shall wipe away all tears
no more death,
neither sorrow,
nor crying,
neither shall there be any more pain:
for the former things are passed away.

John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Mat 6:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

The old hymn writer once wrote "Where Jesus is, heaven is there"

john

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat 03 Nov, 2007 5:10 pm 

John,

that's a nice thing to remember. No man can keep us from God's love. I am reminded of that scripture that speaks about that too.

Makes more sense and has a deeper meaning for me now too.

:thankyou4:

Former J.W.

as of 01/20/07

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat 03 Nov, 2007 6:02 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Hi TrekkerKen, yes it we things like this helps us all, isn't it.

I am a firm believer in "once saved always saved" I know there are some on the board who mightn't agree with me on this, but that's OK we are all entitled to our views and I respect that.

Rom 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

john

Profile E-mail