TowerWatch Ministries • View topic - Prayer for Wisdom and Guidance

Former Jehovah’s Witnesses and others creating a warm Christian atmosphere

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Prayer for Wisdom and Guidance
PostPosted: Thu 14 Jun, 2007 5:11 am 

My husband and I have been asked by two home groups (in the Methodist Church) to talk about JW. Please pray for us, our aim is to give support to family members of JW that have been hurt by the strange actions of their JW family. To warn Christians about the dangers of listening to JW and to ask them to pray for the JW that are in bondage in this cult. Our first meeting will be on the 19th June. We need prayer so that the hearts of our audience is open to our message and that anyone needing help will respond.

Post subject: Re: Prayer for Wisdom and Guidance
PostPosted: Thu 14 Jun, 2007 9:30 am 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

cat wrote:
My husband and I have been asked by two home groups (in the Methodist Church) to talk about JW. Please pray for us, our aim is to give support to family members of JW that have been hurt by the strange actions of their JW family. To warn Christians about the dangers of listening to JW and to ask them to pray for the JW that are in bondage in this cult. Our first meeting will be on the 19th June. We need prayer so that the hearts of our audience is open to our message and that anyone needing help will respond.

Oh how I envy you!! I will be praying for you to be led by the Spirit of Truth!! Man, I don't even know where I'd start, please let us know how it went.

Bruce

I may not yet be the man I should be or the man, with Christ’s help, I someday will be, but thank God I’m not the man I used to be!! (Martin Luther King Jr. Author)

Post subject: The Spirit of God
PostPosted: Thu 14 Jun, 2007 2:40 pm 

I will pray that the Spirit of God will fill you. I know from the bottom of my heart, you will do great.

Heavenly Father.
Take control of this couple and their words, and let your message reach the hearts and souls of the listeners. Lord, may they glorify you and your name, and may your will be done!

I pray in Jesus' Name!

Amen!

Last edited by Vice on Thu 14 Jun, 2007 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 14 Jun, 2007 3:35 pm 

WoW. I wish I could be there to hear this. I know so many people in my family who need words of love and support after being hurt by the JW's.
I will certainly have you in my prayers to guide you and bless you in this work.

Sophia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 15 Jun, 2007 5:45 am 

Thank you all very much! My nervousness is slowly been replaced by excitement!

I will let you know how it progresses. As far as i know there is no x-JW support group in South Africa.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 18 Jun, 2007 4:42 pm 
Master Member
Master Member

Awesome! May the Holy Spirit rain down on you and your husband, and may all the hearts present be receptive to this very important message. I get excited just seeing what the Lord is doing all over the world to help JW's see the truth! What a truly loving God we have!

Blessings,

Mrs. R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 20 Jun, 2007 11:36 am 

Report back

Yesterday was our first talk on jw. It went very well. Out of the 10 people there two of them had family that are JW. Every one was keen to learn more and all agreed that the JWs need prayer from every Christian. Thank you all for your support and prayers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 21 Jun, 2007 11:51 am 
Master Member
Master Member

That's great news cat. The Lord has placed upon my heart to take every Thursday as a day of prayer for JW's, so from early morning till I go to bed I keep them in my prayers. I know sometimes it seems impossible, but remember for God it isn't impossible. We've heard of witnesses who have been slaves to the org for 30, 40 and 50 years, even Bethelites, elders, full time pioneers and the like, yet they've heard the true Gospel and have chosen to follow Jesus. Please keep these lost people in prayer. Remember that the Lord rejoices for each and every lost lamb that is found.

God bless,

Mrs. R

Post subject: Re: Prayer for Wisdom and Guidance
PostPosted: Wed 19 Sep, 2007 6:41 am 

Report Back

My husband and I have been very busy in the Lord's work. He has far bigger plans that I could have imagined. We have been speaking to many groups about the JW teachings and every single group of people we have spoken to have responded well. Many Christians are really suprised at how controlling the WBTS really are. He have been blessed beyond measure with this ministry. Please continue to pray for us. I have become better at giving my testamony without completely breaking down in tears. :oops: The response when we have asked Christians to pray for JW has been awesome. Thank you for your support.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed 19 Sep, 2007 8:46 am 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Hi cat,

cat wrote:
Thank you all very much! My nervousness is slowly been replaced by excitement!

I will let you know how it progresses. As far as i know there is no x-JW support group in South Africa.

Quote:
I have become better at giving my testamony without completely breaking down in tears.

Cat, nerves and tears are two good qualities in sharing your testimony, bringing Christ to the forefront, and telling others what He has brought you out of, and what He is doing in your life now. I wish I could jump on a bus now and be in S/A to hear you.

May the windows of heaven open, and anointed blessing pour upon you both.

john

Joh 13:1 Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

Profile E-mail