TowerWatch Ministries • View topic - Welcome atigger1969

Former Jehovah’s Witnesses and others creating a warm Christian atmosphere

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Welcome atigger1969
PostPosted: Fri 02 Feb, 2007 12:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to the forum atigger1969! Glad you joined us.

Today's "Quote Worth Re-quoting"
“Many people think they have an open mind when it is really their mouth.”

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 02 Feb, 2007 1:05 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Welcome, I pray you find what you are looking for.

Agape,

Bruce

Bruce

I may not yet be the man I should be or the man, with Christ’s help, I someday will be, but thank God I’m not the man I used to be!! (Martin Luther King Jr. Author)

Post subject: Re: Welcome ATigger1969
PostPosted: Fri 02 Feb, 2007 1:53 pm 

Welcome to the forum ATigger1969, I hope you enjoy being here and I look forward to reading your posts!

God bless,

Wendy

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Thank you to all of you!!!!
PostPosted: Fri 02 Feb, 2007 6:17 pm 

First off let me just say that this is the absolute best site that I have ever seen when it comes to those who are former witnesses. Just a brief about myself...I am not a witness of course but my wife, in-laws, grandmother and sister are. For years I had always had questions even when my grandmother would take me to the Hall for study and back then I was always told to never question the truth. I began studying on my own as I got older and learned the key elements of being a humble servant of our lord. My goal now as God has laid on my heart is to pull my wife out but I never knew how to do it until I have been reading this site. What I can definitely see with everyone is an overwhelming love for one another and that is very exciting to me and I cannot wait to get to know each of you.

Always in love
Aaron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 02 Feb, 2007 6:37 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Well my brother, you and I have a lot in common. I too have never been a JW, but my wife is. I want to help every JW I come in contact with, but I have to say I am selfish, I do concentrate on my wife. I will be praying for you.

Agape,

Bruce

Bruce

I may not yet be the man I should be or the man, with Christ’s help, I someday will be, but thank God I’m not the man I used to be!! (Martin Luther King Jr. Author)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 02 Feb, 2007 10:05 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Aaron, good to have you with us,yes you will find it different here than the other sites,for there is a real concern for each other,and everyone the right to differ but we are all washed in the blood of "Our Saviour Jesus Christ" and we love Him, May we bless one another and be blest.

john

Joh 13:1 Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 05 Feb, 2007 1:54 pm 
Master Member
Master Member

Welcome to the forum Aaron, I'm glad the Lord has led you here! I hope you feel at home and can share with us some of your story, we're only too happy to help you with any questions or concerns you have.

God bless you and your wife.

Mrs. R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 05 Feb, 2007 2:13 pm 

Welcome Aaron!
It is great to have you here. I love this site and I'm sure you will find lots of support here.
I too have a loved one in the cult. My boyfriend is a JW by birth...disfellowshiped but reinstated...but hasn't been to meetings in about 9 weeks :lol: ...kind of crazy. I want him out too and am trying some of the methods suggested here and also the main thing is PRAYER.

Anyway, I've found the info really helpful here and the support and prayer is awesome. I will keep you and your wife in my prayers.

By the way, if you don't mind me asking..was your wife into the WT before you two married...was it an issue when you were dating?

Lauren

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 07 Feb, 2007 12:18 pm 

Hi there Lauren,

It is not a problem at all to ask...My wife was baptized back in 1989 but when we met she had not been studying for about 3 years or something like that. I was already familiar with this organization prior to us dating because I have family on my mothers side that attend (grandma, sister, uncle...). Anyway, she wasn't studying and I would go to church each week without and I was never trying to force anything down her throat, I knew then like know it is all in Gods timing and she will be rescued...Or it will be my overwhelming good looks to pull her back...HAHAHA J/K. What is weird is that we were just talking last night that (ONE) of the reasons she left was because she was molested by one of the brothers when she was younger as well as her sister and he is still attending to this date. She was telling me that she is going to tell the brothers that she will not attend book study if he is there, in a sense opening a can of worms. Her parents are also a huge influence telling her that she needs to continue in the truth in order to live forever in Paradise Earth??? Now what I need is a nice tropical vacation where there not one Kingdom Hall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 07 Feb, 2007 4:59 pm 

Thanks for sharing Aaron. You never know this might just be the thing that leads her out. I will be praying for you and her.
It's so weird how even though JWs can be out for awhile or not going regularly and they still have it engrained in them.
I swear it doesn't matter what we can read in the bible...I still hear the same "it doesn't matter what the bible says about heaven...God made the earth for us, He doesn't change His mind", or "but that's only for the 144,000" and yadayada yada.. :roll:

Atigger:
Quote:
What is weird is that we were just talking last night that (ONE) of the reasons she left was because she was molested by one of the brothers when she was younger as well as her sister and he is still attending to this date. She was telling me that she is going to tell the brothers that she will not attend book study if he is there, in a sense opening a can of worms

So does anybody know the stats on some of this molestation stuff...how many people in the WT have been affected? This just blows my mind that this is so common.
I also wanted to watch that dateline program about it. Does anyone have any links to that?