TowerWatch Ministries • View topic - Hello Towerwatch Family

Former Jehovah’s Witnesses and others creating a warm Christian atmosphere

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello Towerwatch Family
PostPosted: Thu 26 Feb, 2009 11:34 am 
Poster

Hi All,

I have been following this website (and others) for more than two years now. I’ve been one of those “guest” for a while now. I feel I know so many of you on this site ( which is my favorite site of them all) and have prayed for and rejoiced with many of you in that time.

I, my husband and children are all Christians, saved by our faith in Jesus, and like others on this site have never been a JW but I have found that I have, through circumstances that I tell about below, developed a heart as well as a sadness for the people who naively and uneducatedly become ensnared in the WTS.

Brief background on how I learned of Towerwatch.com . A few years ago, I briefly worked with a young lady who had been born a JW and we struck up a friendship but also a dialogue about our individual beliefs. I knew very little about JW’s at the time. Eventually she suggested that we exchange 3 questions of each other about the others beliefs. I thought, ‘this is great, a chance to tell about my Jesus’, having no idea that I was probably being bated with those questions but it proved to be a blessing because for the next couple of years I had a dialogue with this girl that took me on my own journey which led to an even deeper understanding of own my beliefs giving me a stronger faith and appreciation of Jesus.

At first I was offended by the beliefs of this young lady and the Jehovah’s Witnesses themselves but then, realizing more about the slow turning of their minds administered by the WTS, I also grew a deep caring for the unfortunate folks who begin a study with someone in the search for God but instead finding an organization that is anything but God. I began to feel so sorry for this lady and all JW's who had come to a belief that is so twisted and yet initially seemed so “doable” to attain favor with God when true favor with God simply comes from belief and profession of our savior Jesus Christ as it says in Romans 10:9. It’s perplexing to me how anyone thinks they could ever outdo what Jesus did on the cross, but try they do.

I was never able to reach my friend and she has since moved away but I hope that one day the Holy Spirit will open her heart and someone else can reap the harvest of any seeds God led me to plant. I pray for her regularly. In the meantime, I feel that through all of that, God has a purpose for me to help others understand the deception of the WTS. I want to educate other Christians so that when a JW team knocks on their door, they can approach them with the love of Jesus to plant the seeds or even reap the harvest.

Thank you all for the loads of help I have already received from you all. You'll never know your positive impact on others. Thank you also for any help to me and others in the future who are blessed with finding this site.

Proclaiming Him,

Patty

Last edited by all4HIM on Wed 04 Mar, 2009 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Hello Towerwatch Family
PostPosted: Thu 26 Feb, 2009 12:17 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Again Patty, welcome to the site. Your words brought tears to my eyes (yes, I am a man that admits he cries). And I wish more Christians would find a heart like yours. Instead of running JW's off their front porch but learn something that "might" plant a seed of doubt, no matter how little.

Thank you for your words.

Bruce

I may not yet be the man I should be or the man, with Christ’s help, I someday will be, but thank God I’m not the man I used to be!! (Martin Luther King Jr. Author)

PostPosted: Thu 26 Feb, 2009 11:05 pm 

Hi Patty and welcome to the forum!

Your story is great (glory to God!) and it mirrors mine in so many ways. I didn't know a whole lot about the JWs until I lived with my JW host family in Mexico in 2004-2005. The questions they raised in our frequent conversations (in Spanish) on spiritual topics made me dig deeper into my prayer and study life and came out with a stronger faith than before. God also used my prayer and witness in a mighty way in my host sister's life, who had definitely gotten "the short end of the stick" from the WTS (backstory in my intro post). God is taking her places that she never got to on her best day with the WTS. All glory, honor, and praise are His forever and ever!!!

God WILL grow the seeds that you planted in His time. Prayer is EXACTLY the thing that your friend needs. Keep up the good work!!!

Proclaiming Jesus along with you,
Jay
aka jacomo4jc : )

PostPosted: Fri 27 Feb, 2009 11:48 am 
Poster

Thank you Bruce and Jay for the kind welcome.

Bruce, real men do cry. It's the too proud that don't, which isn't real. It hurts me to hear of any one of a different religion being run off or demeaned on the front porch of a Christian because of their beliefs. These folks are just misled and are as lost as we all once were. I'm so glad that more than one person took the time with me to lead me to a saving grace in Jesus. Glad they didn't take the attitude that I could never be reached. Christians must make the loving attempt.

Jay, I remember when you first came on this forum and you have kept us updated so well. I admired you for even accepting to live with a family of a completely different faith but know that God had the plan for YOU to be the one to help that family see things differently. I would love to know how your host sister is doing. If you've updated us recently, I missed it. The last I knew, I believe she was living on her own and seeing things from an outside perspective but I wonder if she has come further than that. Are you still in touch with her regularly?

Jay, your story did move me so much and I want to thank you now for being an encourager to me that there are other Christians that are hugely concerned about those who are lost to the WTS organization. We serve such a great God and I thank Him that we can be concerned and care without any ulterior motive for our own personal gain for our witness to them. It is a sincere concern truly out of the Holy Spirit in our hearts. Thank God that our faith doesn't say "do, do, do" but says "done" at Calvary.

Blessings to you both,

Patty

Profile E-mail