TowerWatch Ministries • View topic - 30 + years

Former Jehovah’s Witnesses and others creating a warm Christian atmosphere

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 30 + years
PostPosted: Fri 25 Jul, 2008 4:02 am 
Poster

hello to all
i am still an active JW and have been for 30 + years. To find myself here is inconceivable yet here i am. I live in Australia and have a wife and 2 really good children (16 and 12) who do not question the WT and view it as a sin to do so. I am very scared at the moment as i see a great journey before me. If i leave there is, as you all know, no real graceful way to bow out of this religion. :cry: find below issues i am yet to deal with and or worried about
1. i have not received JC as my Saviour yet although i have prayed to him as of late
2. getting my Family out
3. losing my life ( social etc )
3. is this the right thing to do?
4. am i just not waiting on Jehovah?
5. is the Devil using apostasy to influence me?
and many more.
As you know i cannot even go to the elders for a hearing ear and it just upsets my wife so i have backed right off there as well. I would welcome any suggested starting points for one in my position.

Thanks
Loo

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: 30 + years
PostPosted: Sat 26 Jul, 2008 12:26 am 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Hi Loo, welcome to the discussion board, this is the place for you to find help.
I have never been a JW, so I will leave you in the good hands of others who have came down that road.

It is good that you are praying to Jesus, and we will all be praying for you, so feel free to asked what you want.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Joh 13:1 Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon 28 Jul, 2008 4:25 pm 
Master Member
Master Member

Hello Loo, welcome to our friendly forum.

The questions you're asking are not foreign to us; those of us that were once witnesses asked the same questions at one time or another. Leaving is not easy. Many people find it hard to understand just how entertwined a witness' life is to this religion, but it isn't something you can simply walk away from. We would very much like to help you in any way we can.

My first question to you would be, what brought you here? Obviously there are doubts in your mind about the teachings, or a specific situation that has risen in your congregation or your life. Witnesses come to TowerWatch seeking answers, so to help you can you share some of your questions? Have you discussed these with your wife? It may seem impossible right now but many of us can tell you it is possible to break free of the watchtower. Let me share with you a Scripture that God has been using in my life the past month or so. It's Joshua 1:9 - "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Have faith that God has led you here, and pray for guidance. If there is anything we can help you with, don't hesitate to ask.

Blessings to you and yours,

Mrs. R

PostPosted: Mon 28 Jul, 2008 10:21 pm 

Welcome to the forum Loo,

You are facing a very difficult situation, but God will never abandon you! John is right -- we will be remembering you in our prayers!

Jay

PostPosted: Sun 03 Aug, 2008 10:05 pm 

I have faith that God led you here to this board. Look at all the info that is provided on this website to learn more about the fallacies of the WT organization. My mom is still in and as of late getting into it wayyy more, and refuses to look at any information contrary to the organization, as any "good" witness does. I will begin praying for you and praying that God blesses your journey to the real "truth".

He touched me and made me whole.

Profile E-mail