TowerWatch Ministries • View topic - New here

Former Jehovah’s Witnesses and others creating a warm Christian atmosphere

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New here
PostPosted: Tue 19 Feb, 2008 3:34 am 

Hello everyone, I'm new here, I stumbled upon this page by accident while searching for resources to use in a course on the subject of Jehovah's Witnesses I'm putting together for my church. I must say, I never knew so many people actually have come out of JW's. I always saw them as "invincible" in their faith, and like many Christians, I was not sure how to approach and witness to them. I believe the most important thing to remember is we must approach with gentleness and respect, it's so easy to allow our sinful human nature take over and become confrontational. I just want to say that I am moved by the number of JW's that have been, and are being converted. and I want to say that I will remember all of the converted in my prayers, as they need strength, it has to be very difficult, and we should offer our Christian love to all people. This is an awesome site, it has some tremendous resources, I'm so glad that it was put before me!

God Bless

Todd

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God -- Romans 3:23

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: New here
PostPosted: Tue 19 Feb, 2008 6:54 pm 
Master Member
Master Member

Blessings to you Todd, and welcome to our friendly forum. We have many here who were never JW's but the Lord has placed in their hearts the desire to help these lost ones see the real truth which is Jesus Christ. I believe the Lord is using more and more genuine Christians to bring the wayward ones to Him. So glad you've answered the call! We'll help you in any way we can.

God bless,

Mrs. R

PostPosted: Tue 19 Feb, 2008 8:17 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Welcome Todd, nice to have you with us.

john

Joh 13:1 Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed 20 Feb, 2008 3:39 am 

Thank you so much. I believe that the Lord is laying it on my heart to help JW's. I also believe that without the proper education, we can't help, so we must be equipped and equipped properly. The Bible should be our ammunition, and it teaches us to approach with kindness and love. I think a lot of Christians allow themselves to be confrontational with JW's, I know I have certainly been guilty of that in the past, but in doing my research for the course that I will be leading in my church God has spoken to my heart and has opened my eyes to the fact that that is the wrong approach. That is going to be the main conclusion of my course on witnessing to JW's, if we do that, then everything else will fall into place, and the seeds we plant will fall on fertile ground. If we allow our human nature to take over, and become confrontational, then not only will the seeds we plant fall on infertile ground, but the seeds themselves will be corrupt, and if they produce anything, it will not be fruit, it will be briers and thorns, so we as Christians must be very careful to plant healthy seeds on good fertile ground.

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God -- Romans 3:23

Profile E-mail