TowerWatch Ministries • View topic - Hello, TowerWatch community!

Former Jehovah’s Witnesses and others creating a warm Christian atmosphere

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Hello, TowerWatch community!
PostPosted: Mon 21 Sep, 2009 7:40 pm 

That is awesome for all of you. Such great news!

Wendy

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue 20 Oct, 2009 4:05 pm 

LifeAfter, I am glad your brother and his wife are out of the org!

On Sunday evening, I had a conversation with Daniela that left me very sad and confused. Only a month ago she was getting rid of JW magazines and was formally disassociated from the congregation. Now she is studying with the Witnesses again and telling me that she is going to stay in for life. The thing that got me down the most was that she was speaking in the JW-type doctrine monologues. "The Bible says blah blah blah, but why is that? Because blah blah blah and because Jehovah says blah blah blah and the Witnesses are blah blah blah." I tuned her out and just couldn't believe what I was hearing...this wonderful woman I love so much was going on and on like a WTS drone. She said, "I don't want you to think I'm brainwashed" at the beginning of the stuff she said, but (no offense intended to those on this forum who are/were JWs) I think when you are a JW you submit yourself to be brainwashed by definition. She certainly sounded that way when she was just going on and on. She says she is "censured" or "marked" or whatever the term is and is working on reinstating herself.

Now, this is not the first time she has gone crawling back to the Witnesses and then changed her mind, so I have some hope that this is just another "phase" and that she'll come around again. But for the moment I am really sad for her, for "us," and angry at the WTS for stealing her soul.

Ugh, double ugh, a million times UGH!!!!!!!!!!!

Jay

PostPosted: Sun 02 Dec, 2012 1:38 am 

I don't know who may still be reading, but to bring my story up to date:

In August of 2010, Daniela and I decided to call it quits for good. We are still friends but we know we cannot be together as boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife.

It was a painful ending to the story, but out of the pain and through subsequent study and reflection, I think God has bigger plans for me. He has veto power over this decision, but I think He has called me to lifelong singleness. All the drama with Daniela brought me to the point of that decision, and my life is at His unconditional disposal.

So, perhaps in God's sovereign plan He allowed the false prophet of the Watchtower to touch my life just to bring me to a point of total surrender. He does have a habit of using evil things and situations for good -- it happens over and over and over in the Scriptures.

Anyway, would be interested in hearing how everyone else is doing...whoever still visits this corner of the Internet. In any case, this site has been and continues to be a huge blessing to me and to so many others.

All glory and honor be unto the name of Jesus.
Jay